Upon completion of this level, the student will be able to:
Compare two things or people and compare three or more things or people.
Consult someone about what to buy as a souvenir.
Ask someone their preference or state one’s preference.
escribe body parts and the characteristics of the components of things.
Express your decisions or discuss an event or a shopping item you are going to decide on together.
State opinions or impressions and speculations.
Ask for a suggestion.
Say that you will try on something,
State the reason for leaving for some place for a while.
Talk about characteristics of an item or a person.
Talk about past experiences.
Asking for and offering explanations.
Give examples of actions or events
Describe simultaneous actions.
Offer to do something and answer either to accept or decline.
- One final exam (2.5 hours).
- Upon successful completion (80% or higher
attendance rate and 80% or higher final exam score) of the course, a STUDENT
PROGRESS REPORT will be written if requested at the time you take the final exam.
- Your final exam score and attendance (%) will be kept in a digitized form
@STUDENT GRADES AND
The instructor will create a relaxed, low-anxiety atmosphere in which you can
acquire the previously mentioned course objectives with less effort and with ease.
The instructor will use an eclectic teaching method.
- The instructor will follow the calendar printed on the back page.
- In class, student and teacher (and student and student) will engage in interactive
language activities, a variety of exercises, using as much Japanese as possible.
The instructor, however, will use some mechanical and meaningful drills, when
necessary, to develop your kinetic memory for the training of the perceptual motor
- Students will reinforce and develop vocabulary, structures, listening and conversational skills through weekly
- The class, however, may be conduted in accordance with the needs of the students
in class within the course objectives.
||Lesson 2 / Grammar and Kanji Quiz #1
||Lesson 3 / Grammar and Kanji Quiz #2
||Lessons 1 - 3 Review, Lesson 4
||Lesson 4 / Grammar and Kanji quiz #3
||Lesson 5 / Grammar and Kanji quiz #4
||Lesson 6 / Grammar and Kanji quiz #5
||Lesson 7 / Grammar and Kanji quiz #6
||Lesson 7 and REVIEW Lesson 1 – Lesson 7
||NO CLASS THANKSGIVING DAY WEEK
- You are expected to listen to the audio files, memorize new words,
read the grammar explanation in the textbook and to complete all assignments before
coming to class.
- A quiz will be given in class every week.
- Please be on time for class; otherwise, you interrupt the lesson for others.
Regular class attendance and participation are essential for language learning.
- Excessive absences(more than 3 class meetings) may be cause for repetition
of the course.
- The results of your final exam (%) and attendance (%) will be kept in a digitized form
@STUDENT GRADES AND INFORMATION REPOSITORY.
Your PROGRESS REPORT will be kept in the Soko Gakuen Records Office, and the Office will release it only upon your request.
- When you obtain a score of 80% or higher on the final exam, you move up to
a higher level class. Soko Gakuen's exit criteria for each class/level are based
on the 1987 ACTFL Japanese Language Proficiency Guidelines.
POLICY ON FINAL EXAM:
If you are unable to take the final exam on the scheduled date due to circumstances
beyond your control, the exam may be given only in a similar test-taking situation
(under supervision of an instructor at Soko Gakuen). Unless the final exam is
made up, NO CERTIFICATE can be issued.
ALL THE ENDEAVORS OF THE TEACHER WILL FAIL TO INSURE SUCCESS UNLESS YOU PREPARE WITH
DILIGENCE AND CONSTANCY THE EXERCISES TO BE GIVEN IN CLASS!
YOUR PROGRESS IS MY MAIN CONCERN!